December 10, 2010

Asian Chicken Salad

My husband and I are taking our last finals for the semester, and for me they are my last ever! Hoorah!! But as exciting as that is, we are a little stressed in our house. I only have one more final left so I am a little more relaxed than my husband who has 3 Law finals left. I have been trying to have meals planned out and the shopping done in advance so dinner is not something I have to worry about. Last night we had an Asian Chicken Salad. Done in about 15 minutes - it is a healthy and fast meal for us.


Asian Chicken Salad
2 small chicken breasts
Red bell pepper
Green onion
Shredded carrots
Chow mein noodles
Rice Wine Viniagrette (recipe follows)

Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic, and ginger. Saute over medium to medium high heat until center of thickest portion reaches 160 degrees. Let rest a few minutes before slicing. Toss ingredients remaining ingredients with dressing and top with chicken.

Rice Wine Vinaigrette
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp green onion, chopped fine
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp ground fresh ginger
pinch red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil

Blend first 6 ingredients together. While whisking, stream in oil until desired consistency.

5 comments:

[eeny] said...

Looks and sounds delicious, Sarah.
And good luck for your and your husbands finals.

Hannah said...

Good luck, Sarah!!

And this sounds YUM!

So excited to see you next week!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed rhrecipes.blogspot.com before in my searches!
great post,i will add ur blog to my bookmark!

Christina said...

This looks gorgeous and sounds delicious!

Cami said...

Yum. I think I need to try this Asian Chicken Salad!