September 30, 2010

Fall Favorites

The weather in Nebraska has been practically perfect lately. In the mid-seventies almost everyday. I don't know why, but the leaves don't turn as early as they do in Utah. I am seeing some of my Utah friends get excited with the laves changing and posting some delicious looking fall recipes. Without the chill or the changing colors, I forget that fall is here. Today I am going to buy some pumpkin and make something delicious with it. Maybe some pumpkin chocolate chip bread...
But this weekend is General Conference. The highlight of my life every six months. Not only is is spiritually uplifting - makes you feel just plain good, but it is a time when church consists of cinnamon rolls and pajamas. Can't get much better than that!

For those of you who already have fall fever - here are some of my favorite recipes for fall weather.


Anything with cranberries, cookies, poultry, sauces... here is my Cranberry Salmon

Soups, Soups, Soups!:
Barley Kale Soup - this one warms my heart too - reminds me of my sister and mom
Butternut Squash Soup - delicious, vegetarian, and figure friendly (tastes as creamy as those made with dairy)
Chicken Posole - a latin soup that is so simple

And who could forget the desserts?!
Apple Crisp - a fall staple. I have apple's picked from a local orchard just waiting to be smoothered with oatmeal topping
Ginger Cookies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars - quite possibly my favorite dessert of all time. (pictured above)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I think you are mocking me.