June 15, 2010

We're Moving!

It's official. The plans have been in the works for a while, but nothing was certain. Just to prove my point - we were sure we were headed to Ohio for my husband's law schooling, but when he visited Ohio and Nebraska he really felt that Nebraska (University of Nebraska at Lincoln) was a better fit for our family. We are excited for a change, but are sad to leave all of our family (the majority of both of our families are in Utah, but no one is close to Nebraska). University of Nebraska College of Law - here we come!

We leave in about a month and a half. So as I cram in my finals, last days of work, clinicals, packing, finding a place to live, etc - I hope that you will be patient with me as my posts may be their usual.

Does anyone live in or near Lincoln that wants to start a cooking club? I am so sad to leave mine! Or any other Nebraska/Mid-West/Lincoln/Law school advice? I am all ears.
PS - We are pretty excited about UNL football! Go Cornhuskers!

12 comments:

lyndsey said...

wow, congratulations! that's awesome. hope prepping for the move goes smoothly...you know, all the cool kids move away from utah these days ;)

Hannah said...

crying.

Estee Renee said...

YAY! Nebraska will be blessed to have you here! I've been reading your blog for a few months now and have enjoyed it... You'll LOVE eastern Nebraska. I live in Omaha (about 45 minutes from Lincoln). Please let me know if you need anything!

Michelle said...

My cousin reads your blog and sent your link to me because my husband is a 3rd year law student at UNL and we live here in Lincoln. That would be so much fun to start a cooking club! I know a bunch of people out here that would probably be interested in joining as well! You can read our blog at theburgins.blogspot.com and leave a comment if you have any more questions about law school here or Lincoln in general.

Emily said...

I would be in your cooking club if I was going there! KC has actually been asked to join up at the office his company has there, but we're not going. Too bad. Congrats, and good luck!

Cori and Colin said...

Congrats guys! That will be so exciting!

Deborah said...

This is exciting! Change is hard but there is always a reason and this is a wonderful opportunity. You'll do wonderfully. Congratulations! I'll be dropping in to see how you are doing!

Miranda said...

Yay! Congratulations Sarah! This is going to be a crazy time for you but I know you and your family will have wonderful times in Nebraska. I'm so jealous that you can go to football and basketball games! Go Huskers!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Hey my greatest friend down here in LA is moving up there too! Her husband is starting his first year or periodontist school. They leave in the morning! I hope you meet up with her, because you are sure to love her if you do!

Steph said...

Utah will miss your gutz!

Savannah said...

Pretty sure this is where my brother in law went to school- they were there for about 5 years and then were able to get a job here in Logan! It's so fun to have them back!
I hope you find yourselves back here too someday! Congratulations and good luck!

Lara said...

I read your sister's blog (Sherbet Blossom) and clicked over to yours when I read you were moving to Lincoln. My husband just finished his first year of law school at UNL. We moved to Lincoln from Salt Lake last summer. I'm sure we'll meet at some point, but let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything I can do for you before you get here. My email address is laraosmond@gmail.com. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. Lincoln is a great place... hope you like it as much as we do!