June 28, 2010

Brazilian Limeade

This weekend was so beautiful - sunny and blue skies here. I loved just being with my family. It's just what I needed. And I am still ahead in my schoolwork. Not too shabby. On Saturday, my husband and I took our baby to the park and let her swing, slide, and play with the ducks. She loved it. But we were sure hot when we got home.
For dinner, I had planned on Fajitas. But after getting home from the park I was so hot that I needed something really cold and refrehsing to cool me off. I had some limes and remembered the delicious Brazilian limeade my sister had made. She made it for a dinner party a few years ago and I have loved it ever since. I called her for the recipe but she couldn't find it. I searched online, found some similar, and made some adjustment. This is so easy.  No real prepwork needed.


Brazilian Limeade
2 limes
3 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar
3 cups water
1-2 trays of ice

Cut off the ends of your limes and then cut each into 6 pieces. Place limes, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, and waterin a blender. Blend for about 20 seconds. Place through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing down to get all the liquid out. Discard lime pulp. Return liquid to blender with ice. Blend desired consistency. Serve.
Makes 4 servings (or 2 of those glasses pictured plus a little leftover).
 
Tips:
When blending it with the ice, I like to do it in 2 batches, I have less overflowing (and therefore wasted) juice.
If you want a slushy type drink, or if you want to stretch your drink a little further - use 2 trays of ice. If you want a nice cold drink - just do one. (Pictured is one.)
If you want to make this ahead, prepare your juice and then blend with ice just before serving.

5 comments:

Hil said...

My mom found this recipe a little while ago and we tried it this last week... it is REALLY good. I'm a fan. Thanks for sharing it so I now have the recipe as well!

Pink Little Cake said...

This sounds yummy. Your new pic is adorable.

Megan said...

My sister-in-law makes a similar drink. So delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

Holly Lefevre said...

This sounds absolutely delightful. I am always looking for new drinks to serve at our parties..this is FABULOUS!

Simply Created by Cole said...

This sounds so good! In perfect time for the 4th of July too! Love your site and all the recipes!

Nicole