February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Menu Ideas

I still haven't decided what to make for my sweetheart for Valentines Day. I know we are having dinner rolls, asparagus, and Martinellis. But haven't decided the two most important things - main course and dessert. My husband's request - taquitos. No, I am not making tacquitos for Valentine's Day.

 

If you are like me, here are some ideas to help spark your interest.

Main Course
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin from Cafe Johnsonia
Chicken Francese from Gina's WW recipes
Grilled Ribeye with Onion Blue Cheese Sauce from Pioneer Woman
If you want to make a good ol' steak - PW has a great tutorial

Side Dish
Hasselback Potatoes
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Walnuts and Browned Butter  although her blog is now closed, Cafe Johnsonia has left her recipes up for us to enjoy
Roasted Cauliflower with Capers from Rookie Cookie

Dessert
New York Chocolate Cheesecake
Red Velvet Layer Cake from Bobby Flay
Cupcake Pops from Steamy Kitchen
Heart Shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches from No Biggie
Chocolate Caramel Cookies with Sea Salt from Two Peas in a Pod

Now what should I make?

4 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Chocolate Cheesecake sounds fab.

Unknown said...

for dessert I am making the chocolate souffle cupcakes that Smitten Kitchen Posted a few days ago http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/02/chocolate-souffle-cupcakes-with-mint-cream/. She made hers with a white chocolate mint cream, but I will be adapting it into Raspberry White chocolate cream. Go take a look...they look AMAZING!!

Can't wait to see your meal!

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

Anything chocolate! You always make it look pretty. Just DON'T do pasta with chocolate sauce and hazelnuts and honey all mixed together... ha ha ha!!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful. I sure hope that your blog will inspire me to start cooking. I'm 52 and have always just "gotten by". I figure if I'm going to eat (and I do eat a lot), then it really should taste exceptional. Perhaps you'll be able to motivate me. Glad you joined my blog so that I could find yours!